Sep 16, 2014

the ruby slippers

I have a thing for shoes but I like to think I am not in the league of the shoeholics.  It started with a pair that was gifted to me.  A pair of red patent Ferragamo "Carla" pumps with the signature bow.  The Husband names it "Dorothy's Shoes", after the ruby slippers worn by Dorothy Gale in the fantasy tale "Wizard of Oz". 

When I go to the stores, I usually spend a lot of time at the shoe department.  Even when I go thrifting, I'll zoom in on the shoes first before anything else (like bags).  My favourite places to "window shop" for shoes are Nordstrom Rack, NM LastCall and Saks OFF 5th.  These stores have aisles and aisles of shoes arranged according to size and often the premium designers and items on clearance are separated out. The shoes are usually from the main stores which didn't sell and have to make space for the new season.  I've found both classic and off seasons shoes at incredible and irresistible prices.

Besides going to the stores, online sites such as 6pm.com and DSW are great places for finding that super duper deal.  I owned my very first pair of Asics Kayano after spotting it at the clearance section at DSW.  These days I'll watch these sites for the running shoes to go on clearance.

I also enjoy curating my "shoe collection" online since I cannot own them all given my current lifestyle.  But sometimes I cannot resists and will end up bringing a pair (or two) home.  And because I cannot keep every pair, I will have to "let them go" on eBay or Tradesy.  A kindred spirit or someone who needs a great pair of shoes for work or special occasion may appreciate it.

I am still looking for that elusive pair of classic black pumps with red soles.  I once "enabled" a stranger with a $50 off coupon, at the store, as she was contemplating if she should bring home a pair of Louboutin she found in her size.  That gives me hope.

Meet the collection: (Top L to R) *Prada classic suede pumps, Jimmy Choo open toe pumps, Jimmy Choo high heels, Ferragamo "Carla" (my Dorothy shoes), *Gucci suede wedge pumps. (Bottom L to R) *Ferragamo fabric "Carla", *Ferragamo classic flats, Ferragamo "My Joy" ballet flats, Repetto "Cendrillon", Prada suede kitten heels, *Tod's driving shoes.
*Check out my "finds" to see if the shoes are still available.  

If you are looking for something special, drop me an email.